Sunday, June 23, 2013

Camping With Kids Series- Intro

For years I turned up my nose at camping. There is DIRT everywhere. Showers are either nonexistent or have to be paid for. I have to sleep in on an air mattress.! All very horrible things for me. But somehow, last summer, I decided I could live with it for a weekend (Friday afternoon until Sunday morning). We took one camping trip last fall (that is just how our schedules worked) and the camping bug bit me. When we made our reservations for our campsite last fall I did what any uninformed person should do- I googled "camping with kids" and "camping with toddler". I found just enough info for me to feel comfortable with our plans. I decided that I should add to internet's repository of knowledge on the subject by blogging a series of posts. I'm hoping that my series will help others. Our current camping trip is scheduled for the first weekend in August so as I prep our supplies I will be posting and expect at least one post after we return home.

 Aside from our regular cast of characters we also add a few more-

RP3- my BFF/boy's favorite uncle

Fish Guy- RP3's boyfriend and another favorite uncle. He also likes to keep fish.

Nephew #5- self-explanatory. He joined us last year for camping and will be joining us again. He is a blast. He is #5 because I have 6 nephews and in chronological order he is the #5. Same age as Babalu and is one of his and Rookie's best friends.

Niece #5- also self-explanatory. She is sister to Nephew #5 and Niece #6. I have a lot of nieces/nephews (including great of either kind), my husband comes from a large family. She plans to join our next camping trip.

Other Other Grandpa- Niece #5/6 & Nephew #5's other grandfather. Navy Vet and Camping Extraordinaire. Also joining us for our camping trip. Really cool guy with cool stories and is really good with all the little boys. Real Outdoorsy type.

1 comment:

  1. FROM BUBBE:

    When I was little - 6, I think - we camped at Lake Elsinore for the summer (Grandpa was working nearby). From a kid's point of view it was awesome, a constant adventure and I LOVED it!!!

    I know it's a headache but in the end you'll be glad you did it and the memories will be priceless.

    ReplyDelete