Sunday, September 1, 2013

Weekly Highlight {Week 4}

Weekly Highlights from Week 4- Scottish Games!

We traveled a few hours to a giant gathering of Clans and hot kilted dudes (with an extra and very rambunctious boy the boys met at Zoo Camp and our good friend Larry, from Big Daddy's work). It was a long day but still fun. We watched a few dudes try to toss the caber (we only saw one guy it it completely over and one dude turned it but it didn't land at the best angle for scoring). Caber tossing is my favorite sport in the games. During a trip into one of the vendor buildings I bought kilts for the boys, they look so precious.

Snuggle Puppy in his MacLeod of Lewis tartan and in his shorts standing in front of the Clan MacLeod tent.










He was very adorable. I bought a second one for Rookie that I think is the US Marine Tartan. He liked it the best. I also suspect it is a woman sized but the "Y" sized was short like a girl's skirt. Plus it will last longer this way. I plan buy Babalu his own because he spend more time in Rookie's kilt than Rookie.






All in all a fun day. I can't wait to go again next year and see more of the sporting events (they had Sheep Dog trials this year and I've always wanted to see that and I missed it).

2 comments:

  1. FROM BUBBE:

    What, no Hancox tartans? ;-) And your great-great grandmother (Grandad's mother) was a Roy, you know...

    You should plant thistle in your front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hancox doesn't have a tartan because it isn't a Scottish Clan and is not a Sept of a clan (Roy is a Sept of Clan Robertson). In fact a few google searches lead me to believe that while our family came from Scotland their surname is in fact a variant of the English name "Hancock".

    ReplyDelete