Monday, July 15, 2013

Camping with Kids II- Packing

*Intro to this series is here and part I is here


It seems that our family prefers colder weather when camping. Maybe because where we live gives us more 100+ days than I care to think about and we want a much needed relief. Or maybe it is because our food stays cold on it's own. The reason's don't really matter, the point is I have to scrounge up jeans, long sleeve tops and heavy jammies for the kids.

This summer we are lucky and seem to have enough tops and jammies for Babalu and Rookie. Snuggle Puppy has plenty of jammies (I found a box of his brother's clothes in the garage). I obviously had a few things to buy (I took advantage of the internet!).

When I pack my kids for an overnight trip with specific dressing requirements I have a system. I start with the outfit they will put on the last day and pack it first. On top of that the jammies for the last night and on top of that the clothes of the day before and you get the idea. It saves time and we always know what clothing is dirty and clean. I find this especially important when camping because there is dirt everywhere and I want my kids to wear clean clothes. Or at least put on clean clothes in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment